ADMISSIONS CRITERIA 2017
In response to the Regulations issued by the Department of Education, the Board of Governors have drawn up the following admissions criteria.
In the context of the Regulations, the term child with socially disadvantaged circumstances‚ means a child whose parent is in receipt of Income Support or Income-Based Job Seeker’s Allowance.
Children who are not normally resident in Northern Ireland at the time of proposed admission will not be considered for places until all children who reside in Northern Ireland have been considered. The Board of Governors have determined that, in the event of more applicants than the places available, the following criteria will be applied, in the order set down, to select children for the available places.
- Children born between 2 July 2013 and 1 July 2014 whose parent(s) guardian(s) is/are in receipt of Income-Based Job Seekers Allowance or Income Support. When applying for a place on this basis the application form must be stamped by the Social Security Agency.
- Children born between 2 July 2013 and 1 July 2014
In the event that the school is over-subscribed in criteria 1-2, preference shall be given in the order set down below:-
- Children who have listed King’s Road Nursery School as their first preference
- Children whose parent/grandparent is currently a permanent employee of the school at the time of application. Children whose parent is currently a Governor of the school.
- Children whose siblings have previously attended and have done for a full school year or currently attend this school.
- Children who reside within BT5 and BT16.
- Children whose parents home address at the time of application is nearest to the school as measured electronically “as the crow flies” by google maps.
Should there be any places remaining, applications will be considered from those children born between 2 July 2014 and 1 July 2015. Places will be allocated in strict chronological order.
Where two children live equidistant, final selection will be on the basis of the alphabetical order of the child’s name. Consideration will be given firstly to the surname. If two children have the same surname the alphabetical order of the first forename as indicated on the birth certificate will be the deciding factor.
Applicants should note that where an address contained within an application qualifies it for admission, prior to a place being offered, that address will be verified. To enable the Board of Governors to verify address, all applicants should provide any one of the four following documents;
- bank or building society statement
- utility bill
- letter awarding child benefit
- child’s medical card
All applicants should note that the provision of false or incorrect information, or the failure to provide information within the deadlines set, can result in the withdrawal of a place and the inability to offer a place on the part of any school nominated on the applicant’s application form.
The Board of Governors reserves the right to require such supplementary evidence as it may determine to support or verify any information on any application form.