King’s Road Nursery School aims to provide a child- centred pre-school experience featuring developmentally appropriate learning in a positive, fun, friendly and flexible environment in which all children are encouraged to reach their full potential as members of a happy, caring community.
Our mission statement is supported by the following aims:
- To provide a place to have fun, laugh, listen, play and develop a positive self-image
- To provide developmentally appropriate social, emotional, cognitive, motor, linguistic and cultural stimulation and experiences.
- To centre the curriculum on the needs of the child.
- To provide a stimulating environment that promotes the child’s increased awareness and development of his/her unique self.
- To promote a personal family like atmosphere that is positive and secure.
- To encourage natural learning abilities and curiosity without rushing education at a level they are not ready to maintain.
- To encourage parental involvement in the life of the school